Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Peeved

So all of you know that i got a CamelBak a couple of weeks ago. I love it........... Except one thing- it has a leak.
So the CamelBak is known for not leaking
"........ I enjoy this water bottle because i can toss this into the back of my car and i know it wont leak."
- Comment off of Amazon
Well lets just say if i toss my CamelBak into the back seat of a car, that owner will not be very happy when i pick it up.

So i figured out that it leaks from the little rubber plug underneath the bite-valve.
The odd shaped thing right under the mouth piece is the rubber plug

I used Pomegranate Crystal Lite to show how bad it leaked. Take note- the bite-valve doesn't leak at all.

Then just tonight i realized that it now makes a sucking noise when i drink out of it.
So yes its a very crappy vid, but the sound is what i wanted.
As you can hear, that's the sound that is coming out of my CamelBak constantly. What i am thinking is that the rubber plug is becoming looser and looser by the ____ (I'm not sure if i should say minute, hour, day.....).
I wrote a complaint to CamelBak telling them about the problem, but the warranty is that it has to be a manufacturers mistake for them to replace it, even if they do, you have to pay for shipping, insuring the package, and it has to be thoroughly cleaned (that one's not a big deal).
So i might as well buy a new CamelBak and then wait 10 days, or send my existing one back, pay for insuring it (for those who don't know what that means- you pay the USPS (grrrrrrrrrrr) the value of the package, then, if the package gets hurt, damaged, or broken, they will buy you a new one with the money you paid them. If your package gets to its destination safely and you paid the insurance, well i guess you are out of luck. I absolutely hate that.)
So now i am not be happy at all with CamelBak at all because no matter what, i have to buy a new one, and last time i checked, they aren't very cheap.

Lets just say, CamelBak sent a broken bottle to the wrong costumer. Now no matter what happens, i will not recommend CamelBak to anyone.

Now the only way they will get my recommendation again, is if they replace this FOR FREE.

2 comments:

  1. I think the USPS covers all packages up to $100. I think, when they offer coverage it is for beyond $100. So you should be fine not insuring your package.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't insure your package just go buy 1 at mc sports for 12 dollars

    ReplyDelete