Saturday, June 25, 2011

Mini Trip!

our family went on a 24 hour road trip to western Iowa to go to a funeral. Though you would think, that must have been very depressing, i will have you know that the person whose funeral we went to (my dads aunt) was 94!



So, we left home around 3:30 on Thursday afternoon to pick up my dad from him work. After we picked him up, we went straight to McDonald's. Wanting something substantial, it ordered a quarter pounder with cheese.

It was pretty good, though the meat was a little over cooked, but hey what can i say, its McDonald's for heavens sake!

When i was finishing it up, i looked at the back of the box where all the nutrition info is located. This is what i saw

I about died! Kara laughed at me.

For the rest of the trip, i slept.

When we got about 10 miles out form our destination, Harlan, we stopped at this huge truck stop. There my dad, Kara and i, and Evan got gum.
My dads was five gum, Evan's was actually breath mints, but he considered it to be gum, and Kara and i's was Extra dessert delights mint chocolate chip gum. I <3 that stuff!!!

You would think that because it says chocolate chip, it would have a nasty taste of chocolate. Not true. It really truly tastes like honest to goodness mint chocolate chip ice cream!
Later that night, we went to the visitation, where i met lots of people who were like, " I have a picture of you when you were this tall!" and stuff like that.

After the visitation, we checked into the hotel. When we walked into the room, we realized that there was two double sized beds.
Now normally, when our family goes to hotels/motels, there are 2 queen sized beds. Evan and my dad sleep in one and Kara, me, and my mom sleep in the other one. Now we have beds half the size.
It wasn't that bad, but you had to sleep on your side for everyone to fit. That wasn't so bad for me because that's how i normally sleep.
The next day, we went to the funeral, the burial, and the lunch. I love going to big family get together on my dads side because everyone is Danish. So when we get together, everything we eat is danish. I <3 danish food!!! My favorite things are rolposts and open-faced egg salad sandwiches. Those are the bomb!!!
After we took 1 1/2 hours to say good-bye to everyone and a couple embarrassing storys about my dad, we were on our way home; but not before we went around the country side flying down the huge hills.
I just so happened to get a bunch of pictures of the hills.






 Before we started to head home, we went to where my dads aunt used to live.

this is one of the old buildings

this is the house

another old building

One the way home, i smashed a bug on the window and it didn't fall off. so i had a smashed bug on my window.

pleasant


1 comment: