Monday, August 1, 2011

Swing Dancin, Sweet corn, and volleyball

So these past few days have been very eventful.
On Saturday night I went with some kids from our High School youth group swingdancing!! It was alot of fun!!
Here are some pics that Kara and I took-


This is the building. It's like in the middle of nowhere, but lots of people still find it!

The dance floor is HUGE!!! Also the floor have never been replaced and its like
70 years old and still looks like new!

This is me getting spun. I need to get a circle skirt so i can have a better turn.

This is me and a boy named Michael. Hes really good, but 5 years older than me.

Me getting dipped.

Me getting spun again.


This was Eliza dancing with Colin.
 The whole night was so much fun. Alot of us are planning on going this Friday because there is going to be better music to swing dance to.

Last night i went it a friends house and they gave me some of their sweet corn picked fresh from their garden. Since i brought it home, i had to shuck it all. Who knew that flys love sweet corn?
ITS SO PRETTY!
So today I had volleyball camp. If you have never been to Ballard, let me fill you in. THE SCHOOL IS NOT AIR CONDITIONED!!!!!!!!! So, if you have a gym full of high school volleyball players, it is not going to be fun, especially if it has not rained for over a month!!!!!!!!! I was literally dripping sweat half way through. Other than dripping sweat and being super duper hot, it was a lot of fun.
Now take today, and times it by 2. Thats because it ahve it for 2 more days!!! Thats right folks, 2 more days of dripping sweat and being very very hot!
But don't fear, because the new high school is almost done!!!!!!!
When i am finishing this post i look out the window and i see this huge bug.

Ok, so maybe its not huge, but the things on the top of its head
(i know what they are called but do not what to look up how to spell it)
are longer than its body!  Its so cute!


1 comment: