Saturday, August 27, 2011

Doesn't everyone need a little road rash?

Well yesterday, was painful.
From 8-5 was great. Volleyball practice was actually fun, classes were easy, great!
Now you are wondering what happened after 5?
Well i was coming home from volleyball practice, to get ready for marching band tonight.
I was going down a hill and saw two football players in front of me. I was hoping that they would move off to the side. No they didn't. So i went around them. Well i went off at the wrong place. I really don't remember what happened, but what i do remember is slamming my chin against the road and hearing people rushing twards me. When i got up, i realized that i was about 5 yards from where i started and about 2 feet from the road. Also, there were a bunch of people that just like showed up! I was a little shaken.
There was this lady who saw the whole thing, and invited me into her house to get cleaned up. Now since Huxley is a tiny town, i trusted her. Later, i learned that she was in college to be a nurse!
It was odd that my dad was right behind me when i went down, but he called my mom to come pick me up. Thinking that the gouge on my chin was going to need stiches, he was talking about taking me to where we were going to go. I did not want to do anything except to go home.
When i got home, my jaw was killing me.  I couldn't open it. So i layed on the counch with ice packs on both sides of my jaw and cried.
I knew i wasn't going to be going to the first night of marching band, but i didn't know about the parade i had to do today.
The later the night went on, more and more road rash and bruises were showing up.
I went to bed in pain and tired thinking that i had gone through the worst.
Nope.
This morning i woke up and my knee was aweful. my chin felt better, but stung, and my hip that had road rash on it, hurt if i moved at the waist, and my jaw was stiff.
I went to the parde and was going to march, hold my trumpet, but not play. But 5 minutes before we lined up, my wrist started to hurt, and i didnt want to hold my trumpet for a half hour. So i put it back and jsut marched.
When i got home, i took pictures of my injuries and suffered. Here they are.


This is my chin, it scabed up, but is still raw. (sorry its at a wierd angle)


This is my swollen, black, blue, purple, and road rashed knee.


This my foot that got something stabbed in it.

This is my hip that got the worst of the road rash.
So i am in alot of apin because of some stupid football players. Grrrrrrrrrrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment